Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you help me find a coven in ...?
- It is unlikely that we can do better than you can do for yourself.
The following tactics will probably find somebody if they are on the
Internet. We do not endorse any person or group you might find by using
these search methods. As always, be cautious in your dealings with
anyone you meet online.
- Look on The Witches' Voice.
The main page has a set of geographical buttons on the left side
(currently these are U States, UK Regions, Canada, Australia,
Countries). Pick the area in which you live and see if anybody has
contact information listed.
- If you live in the United States then try The Covenant of the
Goddess website to see if there is somebody near you.
- Try searching Google for Pagans or Wiccans in your area. For
example, if you live in Toronto then try "Toronto Pagans" or "Toronto
Wiccans" as your search criteria.
- Can you ordain me?
- If you mean "can we initiate you" then the answer is no. The
Covenant is not a tradition, it is a collection of independent
solitaries and covens. The Covenant as an organisation does not grant
initiations. You must contact individual teachers directly.
- If you mean "can we ordain you as ministers" then you are free to
apply. Please bear in mind that our ministers undergo a training
program which is approximately equivalent to a university degree.
Interns are also required to volunteer for community service for at
least one year.
- If you just want to perform a wedding then you should contact your
local government to find out how to get a temporary marriage
commissioner's license (or the local equivalent). We cannot advise
you on this because every jurisdiction is different. Note: In Alberta
these licenses have been discontinued.
- You may also wish to see our legal
- May I join your church?
- We'd love to say yes and have hundreds of members, but unless you
live in or near Calgary there isn't much point for you. All of our
events are in or near Calgary and we do not have the resources to
support members in other countries.
- Why don't you accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour?
You will burn in Hell!
- You may wish to examine your motives if you have not also sent
similar comments to Jewish, Moslem, Hindu, Sikh, Scientologist or
other religious groups. Are you merely trying to bully somebody whom
you perceive as being unable to fight back? We suggest that you read
A Christian Speaks on the Faith and
Path of Wicca. Meanwhile, may the peace and blessings of the Lord
and Lady be with you.